PDF PRINT OUT
What Extra Value are You Getting from First Sun EAP?
Local and Onsite Staff
- Improves utilization because employees and managers meet the professionals
- Enhances morale because employees and managers feel supported by the personal attention
- Enhances effectiveness of training because we have knowledge of the workplace culture and of local and statewide issues that impact employees and managers
- Enhances critical incident planning and response because our staff are familiar with HR, management and workplace issues
- Allows us to provide “extras” like
- Free onsite employee orientation
- Free onsite manager training
- Free onsite presence at benefit fairs
- Free Regional Manager Training for Supervisors on topics such as Managing Generations in the Workplace and Dealing with Workplace Bullying with HRCI credit
- Free Advisory Conferences on topics such as Wellness in the Workplace, Minimizing Risk from Employee Behavior and Substance Abuse in the Workplace with HRCI credit
Services of Certified Employee Assistance Professionals (CEAPs) and Specialized Risk Managers
- Augment support to HR and supervisors who have met the consultants and feel they can rely on a professional they know is an expert
- Enhance identification of risk sensitive situations because of the proprietary intake and risk management system run in-house by staff and not through a call center
- Improve compliance because our experts know local resources, know the counselors and are experienced in winning the cooperation of employees
- Improve outcome should a lawsuit arise due to the fact that you were trained by and used specialists
What is Your EAP Saving You?
The First Sun Difference as Value Added
An EAPs value boils down to whether people call for services, whether managers refer underperforming employees and whether your EAP effectively focuses on workplace performance. Many EAPs don’t, and this is where the difference in value occurs.
Consider a referral to the EAP of a worker who is not performing up to standards. If we assume an average salary of $25,000 and consider a modest productivity improvement of 20%, and the manager’s time in having to attend to and discipline this employee, look at the results.
Employee at $25,000 avg. pay x 20% improved productivity = $ 5,000
Manager at $35,000 avg. pay x 10% improved productivity = $ 3,500
Total gain from 1 referral $ 8,500 productivity gain
First Sun gets more manager referrals because of our onsite presence and experienced Risk Managers.
More referrals means more value for you.
Most employees self refer because they know they need some assistance. If we assume that 6% of employees will call in a given year and that even half of them show a mere 5% improvement in productivity, take a look at the results:
100 employee group
3% of employees = 3
3 employees at $25,000 avg. pay x 5% improved productivity
= $ 3,750 productivity gain
Our experts focus on improving productivity for all callers, not just manager referrals.
Better performance means solid gain for you.
The First Sun Difference as a Layer of Protection
With experts training and relating to your HR and management team, issues such as substance abuse, harassment and violence are more likely to be addressed in a timely and effective way. Even when we get calls from employees about personal issues, our proprietary intake system performed by First Sun staff rather than call center personnel, assesses for risk sensitive situations which are passed to Risk Management specialists. Our experts catch things that other EAPs miss. This lowers your risk and liability.